Minimum Coverage If You Don't Enrol or Refuse Coverage
If you are eligible for TimCare, you will get the minimum coverage unless you either refuse coverage or enrol and choose a different coverage. Minimum coverage includes:
- Core Health coverage
- Core Team Member Life Insurance
- Core Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Core Long-Term Disability coverage (but only if you work at least 28 hours per week on average)
If you are eligible for TimCare Flex, but want to refuse coverage, follow these steps:
1. Ask your manager for your enrolment kit—it includes the login ID and password you’ll need to access the GroupNet Flex enrolment site plus it gives you your enrolment deadline
2. Go to the GroupNet Flex enrolment site and enter your login ID and password (from your enrolment kit) to log on to the site
3. On the left-hand side of the home page, click on “Other forms”
4. Click on the “Refusal of coverage” form. Print out the form, complete it and sign it. Then fax or email a scan of the form to Canada Life as per the instructions provided on the form.
Be sure to take action before the deadline shown in your enrolment kit!